Tuesday, October 20, 2015



                                      Till The End of Time

I have left the choking maze of concrete patterns behind me
to stand at lands’ end.  


It is here I have found the beating heart of Mother Earth.
She beckons me at sunset, silently, with colors beyond imagination.


Her greatness explodes across the sky and below she bellows the audible sounds of the surf that build into a grand crescendo to celebrate days' end.


The sparkle of the ocean begins its mesmerizing dance that welcomes the sun to come to rest behind her distant edge.


In the sky above are the endless and magical shapes of clouds floating across the golden sky, as the distant fog horn beckons to the wayward gulls and guides them home to roost at water's edge.


With my soul now fulfilled and with last light, I reluctantly turn away into the darkness, grateful once again to have witnessed the beauty of Mother Earth, hoping someday to be at peace as my ashes float away with the tide, on their endless journey, till the end of time.


Gil Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment